Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Biscuits And Gravy

My wife's Aunt and Uncle from Detroit came down for Thanksgiving (T-Day #3 for us). Auntie is a big fan of Thanksgiving day food (I know that's not exactly a unique quality). She called my wife's parents several times in the days leading up to the big event, wanting to make sure that all her favorites would be represented at the table.

My wife's parents cooked most of the day Wednesday, preparing. Then, Thursday morning, her dad got up at 5AM (not a typo) to continue preparations.

Late breakfast of champions10:45AM Thursday, they got a call from Auntie. "We'll be there in a little while, we're pulling into Braum's for breakfast."

What?!? Breakfast?!? At 10:45 on the biggest "Hey, it's lunch!" day of the year?

After Auntie and Uncle arrived at the house, everybody just sat and looked at each other for a long while. "You know I made all your favorites," my wife's dad pointed out. "Oh, but I'm diabetic, I can't skip meals," Auntie countered. "Besides, their biscuits and gravy were really good."

Honestly, I don't see the problem.We were having T-Day #2 over at my grandparent's house during all this, thank goodness. I'm told the tension in the air was a bit thick. Everybody else was starving, but they waited until about 1:30 to have lunch. :)

2 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

That is what the relish tray is for snacking before the dinner is ready!

And being diabetic does not mean you can't skip a meal, I think she just wanted braums...

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Oh, those biscuits and gravy are so hard to resist... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home