Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving - "You're My New Best Friend!"

Thanksgiving was wild fun. My grandparents always host. There were (I think) 25 people there, which was actually a smaller crowd than "normal".

Looks great... but what are the rest of you going to have?Imagine cooking for 25 people, and thinking that you'd gotten off a little easy.

Once you get far enough out on the family tree, everybody is a cousin. Well, one of my moderately distant cousins is an adorable little 5-year old girl who has never met a stranger. She instantly hooked up with an fairly distant 15-year old cousin of mine, declaring her to be "my best friend". Moderately Distant Cousin (MDC) didn't have any idea what Fairly Distant Cousin's (FDC's) name was, she just knew that they were friends forever.

"MOM!", MDC shouted. "Take a picture of me and my friend!" MDC's mom didn't have her camera out, but I did. I offered to take the picture.

My wife was standing next to the BFF's, so I motioned for her to join the picture. She turned and smiled, and I snapped the three of them: the "I couldn't possibly be happier!" 5-year old, the "I can't quite believe this is happening" teenager, and the "I just happen to be nearby" photographer's wife.

Yes, the actual people involved, distorted a bit because it *is* the internet, after allMDC bounced over to me. "I wanna see the picture!" I pressed my preview button and showed her the pic. Her face fell. "Somebody walked into our picture!", she wailed. She grabbed FDC's hand and dragged her away.

I looked at my wife. "You just broke a 5-year old's heart," I teased. "You made me," she pointed out.

Details, details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home