Friday, November 21, 2008

Bus Driver - Ribs

It's "Two For The Price Of One!" Friday.

Bus Driver

Our company parking lot is 5 blocks away. There's a bus that shuttles us back and forth, and I've blogged about the bus driver a few times. :) He's a real friendly (and mildly horrifying) guy.

This is just a part-time gig. I'm waiting for my acting career to take off.I've recently realized that the walk to and from work is the only exercise I get. Ever. So I haven't ridden the bus in about 3 months. Often the bus will drive by as I'm coming or going, and he always waves.

Yesterday, I pulled into the parking lot and the bus was sitting there. Suddenly, I felt as lazy as I've ever felt. The wind was strong and cold. I decided, "Heck with it! I'm riding the bus today!"

I climbed up the bus steps and grinned. "Hey, BD, how're ya doin'?"

He looked at me impassively and said, "You seen Big Dawg? I ain't seen him in 'coupla days."

Well, gee. I've missed you too, BD. See if *I* wave next time you drive by.

Ribs

Dang... now I'm hungryA few days ago, my parents were baby-sitting my niece and two nephews. Mom made a big pile of ribs in the smoker outside. My oldest nephew (8) loves his gramma's ribs.

He helped her bring them in when they were done and then asked if he could have some. Mom pulled the meat off a few bones and gave it to him in a bowl. He wandered off, a happy small man.

His sister (6) saw this. What's good enough for big brother is good enough for her! She approached my mom, saying "Gramma... I want some ribs too!" Mom de-boned a few more, and neice left, smug and happy.

My littlest nephew (2) saw this. He tugged on Mom's pant leg. "Gwamma," he insisted, "I wanna I wanna too!" Mom pulled the meat off a single rib and gave it to him in a bowl. He waddled off, thrilled.

I does not like it!2 minutes later, he came back. He was making a disgusted face and puckering his little lips. He looked up and said, "Gwamma... I dun like 'dis chicken."

Poor guy. That must have been a rude dining experience. :) Durn those 2-year-old expectations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home