Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Dental Story, Part 2

EnvyPhotoshop Jeff Reminder!

Don't forget about Photoshop Jeff! It's the goodness that's good because you made it good! I'll give it a week or so and then post all the entries. This one came from Boy Wonder (who is, as of late October, in need of a new nickname)... thanks, Boy Wonder!

===========================

Yesterday was The Big Dentist Play Day. He got to hit me with the drill, the rinse / suck hoses, big things that looked like caulk guns, needles, clamps, arm restraints, tiny pieces of sandpaper, floss, a shop-vac and a two-by-four. By the end I was so dazed and confused that I became part of the target audience for Knight Rider.

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!Even so, it wasn't bad. They have a TV in the room, and gave me a list of movies to chose from. I watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" while he sliced and diced my bad tooth. Of course, I saw the movie in haze of rising tooth dust and under the influence of sedatives, so fantasy and reality became a bit of blur. I didn't notice at first, but in retrospect I seriously doubt that he was poking at my teeth with a rusty sword. However, I am *quite* certain that the receptionist shouted "AVAST!" when I tried to leave without paying.

Three weeks from now I'll get the permanent crown seated, and then I'm done with the dentist for a while. It's gonna be great, only being able to chew on one side of my mouth during Thanksgiving. Oh well... if it comes loose I'll have a great prank item to slip into Grandpa's drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home