Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween

Halloween!... Did I miss it?Last Friday was Halloween - you may have noticed. I've been a candy distributor in Halloween's past, but this was my very first Halloween as an actual homeowner.

Last year in our apartment, we had 2 kids come by. We practically had to set up signal flares and flashing neon lights to attract them. This year, we ran out of candy after 70. We turned off the lights and hid inside, but they kept coming.

We did have two kids fall down on our porch, so at least they didn't all get away clean. One of them was trying to be cool on his skateboard. He hit a crack and landed on his face at our feet.

It was dark, and he was wearing sunglassesOne kid came to our door dressed as one of the Blues Brothers. I wanted to take him off to the side and have a little chat with him. "Look, I just want to make sure you know how awesome your parents are, OK? You were spawned from an everlasting oasis of 'cool'. Never forget that."

The wonderful thing about *ME*, is *I'M* a wonderful thing!I settled for giving his dad a thumbs-up.

When our loot evaporated, I turned off our lone outdoor decoration - a 4-foot tall inflatable Tigger wearing a vampire cape. As he deflated, a heart-broken kiddo wailed, "Did he pop?!?"

I thought about saying, "Yes, and I saw you do it." I didn't, though. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home