Friday, October 17, 2008

Yo, Joe!

Stop me if you've heard this one. A plumber approaches Senator Obama on the campaign trail. He expresses concerns and opinions. Suddenly, he's not only famous, but he's become a shining beacon of all that is right and good... for both parties? Wow... talk about 'spin.

Are my fifteen minutes of fame up yet?Hooray for Joe the Plumber the Mascot!

I love that he's famous with such an ordinary name - like Larry the Cable Guy (there's hope for me yet!). He's famous without having actually done anything - like Paris Hilton. And what does he do with his new fame? He declines to endorse a candidate.
My lack of opinion fills me with shame
Way to seize the moment there, Joe.

I like to substitute nouns and ponder how the new Joe would vote. For example:

Yaar! Avast! Etc!Joe the Pirate: He'd probably take the candidate least likely to stop his random plundering. Ralph Nadar seems pretty non-threatening!

Joe the Short-Order Cook: Time is money... he'd take Obama because it's one letter less than McCain and in the time it took to explain, table four's chicken sammich is going cold. Order up!

For my next trick, I'll make your 401k disappear!Joe the Las Vegas Magician: He'd pick McCain, no question about it. He's heavily influenced by visions of Sarah Palin as his lovely assistant.

What do you think about these other random Joe's? How would they vote?

Joe the Butler
Joe the Florist
Joe the Shoe Salesman
Joe the French Maid
Joe the Barbarian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home