Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jelly-Legs

Details Matter.

Learning are funs!I was at work on Monday with a stack of Library books and an application for an absentee ballot. Both are on Denver Ave. The Library is between the 300 and 400 blocks, and the address for the Tulsa Election Board is 555. Right across the street, and both are less than 3 blocks from where I work. What can go wrong?

I dropped off the library books and then stared to walk south. Seeing no "Tulsa Election Board" sign, I paused to look at the address on the form. 555... North Denver. The library is on South Denver.

Maybe it's something with my technique...10 city blocks is a long way to walk. Even better, I decided to see just how fast I could walk the distance. Why? Because I'm a moron. *Even* better, once I got about halfway and started to cramp up, I actually told myself, "No pain no gain!" and forced myself to walk faster. Why? Because I am brainless diddly-faced half-flat bendy-straw with delusions of competency.

Thankfully, there was a cool breeze. However, once I got inside the election board building, I went from "winded and warm" to "damp and limp" in about 2 seconds time. I looked down, and I could literally see my shirt going soggy.

*pant* *pant* *pant*I wobbled over to the front desk to turn in my absentee form, and the poor lady yelped. I looked like a drowning victim.

But it's all good. I won't have to fight crowds on election day. Also, all I had to do was semi-permanent damage to my calves, and I saved the price of one stamp!

Of course, once my actual ballot is mailed to me, I'll have to wander the downtown streets again to find somebody to notarize it.

*sigh*

6 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Update: Today, I limp muchly. I'm pretty sure I pulled a calf muscle in my right leg.

Bliss.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Ugh! Well at least you shouldn't have to walk that far again. Most banks have a notary on staff, and if you bank there they provide the service for free...

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you have to head that way, we'll get you a ghillie suit and a bullet proof vest.

Come to think of it, air support might not go amiss either.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

soo..... how long did it take you? Did you walk back or did Big Dawg or Understatement have to come get you?

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Oh, I knew better than to call either of them for help. Big Dawg would have just mocked me, and Understatement always has his keys misplaced. :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger V said...

So you're not going to go out for the US SpeedWalking team in 2012? They're going to England. You could bring me tea.

Oh, your blog says sllewnkr and I tend to agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home