Monday, October 06, 2008

Kitchen Things That Look Like Things

Don't hate me because I'm beautifulWe were in Target over the weekend, wandering though the kitchen section. That's when I saw this... thing. This abomination. This horror.

Why must a simple can-opener be compelled to disguise its true nature? Oh, the horrible depths of shame to which it must have plunged! It makes me wave my arms around over my head in mock outrage just *thinking* about it!

Fear me, PC-boy!My can-opener must *not* look like a tropical avian. My hairbrush must *not* resemble a starchy snake. My PC absolutely *cannot* be reminiscant of an Easy-Bake oven.

For that matter, I want a ban on all Tropical life-forms in my kitchen. Real or imagined, plastic or organic. No fish that are capable of making a run for it, no insects, no sea turtles or sea water. I realize this also means no Cabana Boy for my wife, which is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Ook!I will make an exception though, for monkeys. Monkeys are always kosher.

8 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger V said...

I have to post in Em's defense, particularly since the blog has suggested an excellent alternative to her lack of Cabana boy. If she can't go tropical, then she'll have to go arctic and opt for a Canadian Mountie. The blog has said it is so with the code word "mnties"

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

ROFL

I guess I have to consider it, now.

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a Canadian Mountie once. His name was Corporal Flapjack and he lived on my desk. Unfortunately, P Ziddy found Corporal Flapjack too amusing, so now he lives at home. Poor Corporal Flapjack.

Here is his picture: Corporal Flapjack, Jr.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger V said...

Corporal Flapjack was a Mountie Beaver.

I can't even say that with a straight face!

code word - obeibe

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey now! I wasn't the ONLY one who couldn't look at... Cpl FlapJack... without giggling uncontrollably. Why do I always get all the blame?

(sigh)




(snicker)

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides, it wasn't so much the item its self as it was the look of innocent joy on icanspell's face as she gleefully announced "Look! Look! Look at my cute little (insert mammal name here)!!!"

Again, no my fault.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to Ziddy to mock innocent joy. Honestly, it never occurred to me until you people started in on your Cpl Flapjack persecution. Poor, sweet little beaver.

I have discovered Cpl Flapjack keychains. I hope you all get one for Christmas.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Accidentally Naughty might be a good band name.

Anyway, I still contend that Corporal Flapjack is adorable and totally innocent. I mean, really, how can you look at a little puffball in a Mountie hat and get something naughty?

I even consulted with my hubby about whether to pick Flapjack or one of his friends or one of his other friends. I'm pretty sure that if the joke were *that* obvious that he would have mentioned it instead of agreeing that Flapjack is the cutest of all the Mountie toys. Right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home