Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today, We Mock My Art

I mentioned some time ago that I had an idea for a single-panel cartoon. I don't normally think about cartoons in the context of "creating" them, but I made a valiant attempt anyway.

Today, I share the fruit of my labor. I drew these on lined notebook paper and then scanned them. I think you'll find that it doesn't matter. Believe it or not, you're getting to see the good versions.

I'm out of ideas. Let's try a reboot.This one was intended to look like a doctor's office.

La-La, baby!The "Doctor" PC is supposed to be scratching his head. He's also supposed to be the one talking, but I decided not to split hairs. He looks like he's about to shout "Great Scott!" and soil himself. He also looks a bit like he's wearing a smurf hat.

The "Nurse" PC is the one holding the boot. I briefly considered adding a visual clue to point out the Doctor / Nurse thing, but then I remembered I was drawing solid lines and having trouble with it.

Ah, and that poor human... I don't know what's worse. He's got a skeletal foot, a missing face, and a protruding shoulder. He's nude except for one boot, as anatomically correct as a "Ken" doll, and is apparently playing "pull my finger" with himself.

It's all fun n' games until someone loses an eye.Let's move on.

This is my attempt at a baseball player. That's not a stick with a spider web up top, that's a baseball hat.

According to my "pixel" art on his face, the screen resolution must be a whopping 32 by 28. He's got two power buttons, which I like to compare to a double-chin.

Oh, and don't forget the baseball that's shattering his screen. You could tell it's a baseball, right?

You know, if any of you artsy-types are so inclined, I'd love to see what these things look like when drawn well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home