Thursday, September 11, 2008

Out Of Context

Riddle me this...I've recently heard some fun statements that sound really weird out of context, so I thought I'd share. As an added bonus, I made one of these up. See if you can figure out which one!

1) From the freight elevator near my desk... "Cheeseburger, boy!!!"
2) An angry voice from a crowded lunchroom table... "Hey, *YOU* don't look handicapped!"
3) On the mean streets of downtown Tulsa... "Bagels make me itch."
4) From icanspell, overheard at her office... "WHY would you waste a gummy bear like that?!?"

...huff...puff...gasp...On that same theme, I have an story with some missing context. Yesterday, I saw Captain Silver Lining sprinting across the office. I think he was playing a joke on somebody, but the only part of it I saw was a guy taller and lankier than me (yes, really!) trying to sprint across the room.

He got 4 steps into it before he was badly winded. I was concerned that he might not survive the experience. I hope his little joke (whatever it was) was worth it.

Try *not* being pathetic next timeSadly, he's in better shape than I am. I thought about jogging after him and sprained a knee. "Get Well Soon" cards are in order here, people. Get after it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home