Monday, September 08, 2008

Fairy Princess

U STILL LUK LYK DORK FROM HEERAt work the other day I got an email from Cowboy.

"Can you reset Dork1's password?" This request was followed by a brief assessment of Dork1's cognitive abilities.

Less than 5 minutes later, I got a second email from Cowboy. "Can you also reset Dork2's password?" This time he followed up the question with a statement that favorably compared Dorks 1 and 2.

It's fun to pick on Cowboy when he's under a little bit of stress. In these situations he tends to skim his email very quickly. I sensed an opportunity.

Disarmingly cuteI replied saying, "Dork1's new password is 'FairyPrincess', Dork2's is 'Numskull'." A few lines down I wrote, "Just kidding...", and then gave him real info.

Cowboy called me minutes later. It was quite a while before he could actually talk, though... he was laughing too hard.

Fool me twice, shame on who?Later that day, Cowboy emailed me again to ask about an upcoming deadline. "Will [thingy] be done today?" "Sure," I replied. "It'll be ready by early next week." I added a couple of blank lines and wrote, "Ya fairy princess."

Again, I got him. Two for two, baby. It was a good day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home