Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Grammatically Incorrect And Ethnically Inappropriate

¿Dónde está la Biblioteca?Chad Johnson, wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals, has taken the role of attention-grabbing primadona to a new extreme. He's legally changed his name to "Chad Ocho Cinco".

He's carried around the "Ocho Cinco" nickname for a few years, but now it's legal. What amuses me that his jersey number isn't technically "Eight Five"... it's "Eighty Five". In Spanish, that would have to be "Ochenta y cinco".

Hooray for grammatically incorrect ethnically inappropriate nicknames!

A Janet Jackson joke, an urban legand, ... and me? Are you high?It makes me imagine JFK with "Ich bin ein Berliner" (I am a jelly donut) printed on his business cards. If I changed my name to "Ich bin ein Berliner", I don't think I'd be able to resist introducing myself as, "Mr. Jelly Donut if you're nasty."

But I digress. Here's some more grammatically incorrect ethnically inappropriate nicknames... see how many you can come up with. :)

Donald Trump - La Conquistador
Terry Bradshaw - Sir Isaac Einstein
Richard Simmons - They *all* be California Girls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home