Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Superhero Jeff

I'm not riskin' my knees for youSometimes at work my phone rings and I have to LEAP into action (metaphorically speaking, of course... if it was literal I'd bang my knee on my desk).

Check this out: In Call #1 a co-worker was trying to upload a video file to our web servers.

Them: "I uploaded SomeVid.flv, but the server says it's not there."
Us: "I see SomeVid.fla on the server, but not .flv. Are you sure you uploaded the right file?"
Them: [impolite expressions of self-loathing]

You might have noticed, I'm flyingHey, sometimes we all have "forest for the trees" moments. I know I've had plenty myself. But there's no need to fear! 'Tis I, Captain Points-Out-The-Obvious! I've also been known to fly by the name of "Detail Finder", "The Clue Monster", and "Mr. Hey-Lookit!"

Then there was Call #2.

Them: "I need to [task]. I can't do that from [name of program], can I?"
Us: "No."
Them: "That's what I thought... I need to use [name of other program] instead, right?"
Us: "Yes."
Them: "OK, thanks!"

Right on!That's right, it's me... J. Moral Support. "Moral" is my middle name, and if you have to ask, the "J" stands for Jeff. You can also find me in the phone book under "Super Sensitive", "Smile Andnod", and "The Ugottit Dude!".

Superhero Jeff! I don't *have* an action figure, I *am* an action figure!

P-Ziddy, don't even *think* about mentioning Kung-Foo Grip, m'kay?

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger V said...

I could make you a voodoo doll. Action heros are a bit beyond me, but I'm spot on when it comes to voodoo dolls. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home