Thursday, August 14, 2008

Many Stuff

Everybody brings joy, some when the enter, others when they leaveMy wife and I visited an Open House last weekend. There was a really pretty sign over the front door that said "Peace to all who enter here." What struck me as funny though, was that the sign was on the inside of the house, not the outside.

If the path to peace heads away from the living room, I can only assume the owners watch a lot of Survivor reruns. Either that, or the sign was a really polite way of saying "Don't let the door hit you in the hinder on your way out."

-----

The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'roundSchool started this week for most kiddos in the Tulsa area. On day 1, many poor kiddos were late because the buses that came by to pick them up were already full.

Of course, I have a solution. Strap some La-Z-Boys to the top of the bus - instant double-decker! Instead of "They left me coughing and weeping in the dust," your only excuse is "I fell off and was mauled by wolves." Tough to pull that one off without doing a bit of a hatchet job on your good polo.

-----

Hold still kid, I missed a spotThis is something special. In New York you can go to a day spa and get a Bird Poo Facial. I don't know about you, but the words "Bird Poo Facial" just make me happy. In New York, some twit is paying 180 bucks for the same experience I got once when I looked up at a bunch of seagulls.

But wait! There's patriotic outrage in this story too! Check it out:

"...doesn't contain just any run of the mill pigeon poo. It's made from dried nightingale droppings imported from Japan and mixed with rice bran."

Fight back!What's wrong with American Poop? Americans produce some of the best poop on the planet! Congress, Gilbert Gottfried, Kia Optima, the list goes on and on. Buy American, that's what I say!

-----

Mitchell!And finally, I must rejoice in the discovery of a true Fount of Goodness. Utter Nerd has every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 available for download.

I'm enough of an MST3K nerd that I already have most of these. Even so, I am in awe. 10 seasons of absolute (if a bit dated) hilarity. Ah, bliss.

-----

"Bird Poo Facial". Tee-hee!

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

It occurs to me that I don't actually know if the the Kia Optima is made in the USA or not.

Somehow, that just makes the rant even funnier to me. :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kia Motors Corporation (KMC) recently announced plans to construct a $1.2 billion automotive assembly and manufacturing plant in West Point, Ga.. The facility will be Kia’s first manufacturing plant in the U.S. and will begin production in 2009. The manufacturing facility has an expected production capacity of 300,000 vehicles a year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home