Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Doggie

I am the cutestThe first week we moved into our house, we went walking through the neighborhood. We passed by a sweet little old lady who asked, "Where's your cute little doggie?"

We explained that we had no doggie. From the smug look on her face, she was thinking "Well bless their hearts, they forgot they have a doggie. They'll remember when they get home."

No, *I'm* the cutestWeeks later, she happened to be walking past our house. "Where's your doggie?", she inquired. Again, we explained our lack of doggie. She gave us a hurt look as if to say, "Well, I just can't imagine why you won't let me pet your doggie."

A few weeks ago, we walked past her house again. She was sitting outside and waved as we passed by. "I don't see your cute little doggie!", she shouted.

Help! I'm too cute!Once again, we insisted that our doggie was imaginary. She looked at us with sad eyes that wailed, "You hate me! I don't know why you hate me!" As we walked away, we heard sobbing behind us.

Just yesterday it was her turn again. She walked by our house while two large neighborhood dogs were roaming around. She paused, with a hint of uncertainty. "Are these your dogs?" she accused.

There are either milkbones in your pockets, or we have a problem"No", my wife insisted. The sweet little old lady shot my wife a vicious glare that said, "You're lying! I know you're lying... I'll get you, my pretty, and your multiple unleashed flesh-eating monsters, too!"

Then she scurried away.

I'm beginning to think we need to get a doggie, quick. It may not be long before the sweet little old lady gets violent.

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger V said...

Perhaps you just need an invisible dog. :)

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=2543

Secret code word today is rawkxit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home