Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shorties

Oreo... the projectile snackAt my desk, I had just kicked off my shoes, propped up my feet, cranked up my headphones and jammed a whole Oreo in my mouth. Suddenly SWoaN (She Without a Nickname) appeared behind me. I jumped in surprise and nearly fell out of my chair.

There was a brief pause. Then, to the best of my ability I mumbled "fwoour eyeming eyenda thux."

Somehow, I managed to not spew crumbs on her during this. I'll have to work on my aim.

========

Smoke-Free Environment!I walked through the building yesterday and passed through a stinky hallway. There were some serious vapors there, lemmie tell ya. I guess it was some kind of cleaning solution or something.

As I was gagging and turning blue in the face, I was amused by a nearby anti-smoking sign that implored me to "breath easy". I hate to disobey the printed word, but deviance was the only option in that situation.

========

All day Monday our A/C at home kept running. It was 100 degrees outside, so we didn't think much of it. But the house got hotter and hotter, and by bedtime it was obvious something was wrong.

A young capitalist seeks his fortuneOne sweaty night later, repair guys were called. Late that day the problem was fixed. We figure that the A/C ran pretty much constantly for 36-48 hours. That, plus the hottest month of the year and a rate hike has us thinking we may need to take out a small loan to pay our electric bill. Maybe I can pull in some extra bucks by opening a lemonade stand.

If you see me hawkin' yellow water on the side of the road, please... tip generously.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If you see me hawkin' yellow water on the side of the road, please... tip generously."

It's lemon. Really!!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just had a Monster's Inc. Flash back to the Himalayas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home