Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ceiling Fan

We have ceiling fans in every room of our house. Recently, my wife turned on the fan in the guest room. It ran for about a minute, buzzing loudly the whole way. Then, "pop!", and the blades stopped turning.

First name is #%@##$!!I was immediately called upon to investigate. As you all know, "fix-it" is my middle name. As you also may have guessed, my last name is "what-do-you-mean-you-can't-fix-it?"

I opened up the thinger right above the light thinger (these are technical terms, so try to keep up). Shattered plastic bits spilled into my eyes. Blinded and groping, I determined that something was indeed broken. The investigation phase of my project was going well.

Watch your eyes!I collected up some of the pieces that fell for a closer look. If you happen to see something like this when you open up your ceiling fan, you can rest assured that you have a date with the top of a ladder in your immediate future.

We bought a "3 speed fan switch 4 wire" unit in hopes of being able to fix the thing instead of replacing it. Against all expectations, installation was a snap. It completely failed to fix the problem, but it went in smooth like buttah.

The next step in our adventure is a new ceiling fan. I can hardly wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home