Friday, July 11, 2008

Monologue

Today, a collection of short stories that I couldn't make a blog out of individually...

Kick it! Kick it!A friend of mine recently badly sprained her foot. She expressed annoyance that it was her "Driving Foot." I can just imagine her out on the fairway, kicking the ball as hard as she can. Later, on the green, she'd switch over to her "Putting Foot", lefty-tapping the ball in for par.

I'm in good company!At work this week, Big Dawg was demonstrating a web page for me. He put a button on the page and labeled it "JeffBut". I was honored to have a hinder named after me. Not too many people have hinders named after them, you know. It's pretty much just me and J-Lo.

Wilbur! No!Several us of Programmer types went out to lunch in Utica Square this week. On the way back we drove past a place called "Stone Horse". I don't know why it's called Stone Horse, I just know that nothing whets the ol' appetite like granite mammals.

The sum total of my artistic depthI came up with an idea for a one-panel cartoon I thought would be pretty amusing. I sketched it with stick figures and I think the joke works. Most of it is just solid lines, which is helpful since I have all the artistic talent of a tuna salad. But there is one human in the picture, which is a problem for me. After several hours of experimentation, I came up with two semi-reasonable faces. One looked like an overweight Asian male, the other looked like a corpse.

At this rate, I may be able to share my cartoon in a year or two. Stay tuned.

Finally, I give you this goodie from The Farmer. The email subject line on this one was, "Don't honk me off... I own a backhoe!"

I have caused offense

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home