Monday, July 14, 2008

Please Be Seated

Don't sneak up on me like that... you'll break my concentrationA 56-year old man has found his way into the Guiness World Record book by sitting in 39,250 seats at the Rose Bowl.

Now here's a story I can get behind. I don't care too much about the record, or the obsessive sitting. I just like his hat. Looks like he's got his head stuck in a funnel, doesn't it? I want one.

I could see myself embracing any sport that would let me wear a hat like that. Curling? Gimmie a hat. Mountain climbing? Have hat, will travel. Syncronized snorkling in tubs of used mouth wash? Count me in... as long as I can wear one of those hats.

The hero of *this* story, "Mr. Sit-And-Win", chose competitive sitting as his hat-wearing sport. The article says that he landed in more than 39 thousand seats in 48 hours, which begs the question... when you're sitting competitively for two solid days, what do you do when you get tired? I guess you could stand up for a change of pace. It's either that or take a quick nap in somebody's beer and nacho spill.

No open flames, please.The article says that Mr. Sit-And-Win "... says he loves the Rose Bowl but calls the place 'filthy.'" Imagine that!... "Boy, this place smells like a 56 year old rolled around in it for two days! Pass the Febreeze!"

Ah, but what a magnificent hat he had.

It takes a brave man to wear a hat like this

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger V said...

Do you think periodic trips to sit on a toilet seat counted?

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Let's hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home