Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cookies, And Other Stuff

My wife and I were grocery shopping last weekend. There was an expansive woman in our way with kids who were doing what kids do best: begging for sweets. Cookies, to be specific.

Dang! No cookies.The woman said something amazing. "No! You know we don't keep cookies in the house."

My wife and I were thinking the exact same thing... "Riiiiiiight. So where *do* you keep them? In the yard? 'Cause you ain't foolin' anybody, Little Debbie... you've seen a few cookies. A lot of cookies. In fact, you look like you've seen a half-dozen or more in the past 20 minutes alone."

Ook! Ook!In a different store, we saw something we'd never seen before: Monkey Bread. OK, so I google'd it... it is a legit but oddly named pastry. In my extensive 12-second research odyssey, I was unable to learn anything about *why* it's called Monkey Bread. I doubt, for example, that the mighty chimpanzee made many advances in dough leavenation. One would assume that if a chimp wanted pastry, he would simply find some already in existence, point, and "ook".

What would Tiger Woods do...?)In other news, there's a 101 year old man in Minnesota who golfs 18 holes twice a week.

I can imagine me out there at age 101, if only because I'm too cheap to bring more than one ball. I'd hit into the forest, then I'd have to find it. I'd hit into the water, I'd have to dive for it. A bear would eat it, I'd have to wait for him to do what he does in the woods. At that rate, it would take forever to get to the back nine.

Ook! Hi-Keeba! Ni!Finally, check this shirt out. P-Ziddy saw it and said it had my name all over it. I can't thank him enough... knowing that this gem is waiting for me at home has made my business casual feel especially uncomfortable this week.

Hm... Ninja Monkey Bread... now *there's* a Photoshop project for anybody who's bored... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home