Thursday, August 21, 2008

Three

This is how the world will end... not with a bang, but with a Whimper.

Guy WhimperYes, this is Guy Whimper, an Offensive Lineman for the New York Giants. I saw him during a preseason game and nearly fell over laughing. "Whimper" is not exactly a name that will strike fear into the hearts of your enemies.

Guy Whimper. No, that's not a made-up name.It looks like he's a third-year "Guy", but I can't find any stats for him. I'm guessing that he's been down deep on the depth chart, and hasn't actually played in two years. I hope he makes the team this year... he's my new favorite player. :)

=====

Be sure to hit the mute button before you mock your presenter!I attended a Webinar at work earlier this week (if you don't know what a Webinar is, check out my previous story about one).

It was a dork vendor trying to sell us their latest and greatest nonsense. His presentation didn't go well... at one point he announced that a particular feature was "cool". Silence drifted across from our end of the conference call. Unfazed, he continued by saying, "Now the reason that is cool is..."

Just a tip. If you have explain to your audience why it's cool... it isn't.

We had to ask him to speak up, which lead to this unintentionally amusing statement: "If my voice starts to fade again, let me know..." His voice was actively fading while he was saying this.

Destination: ZimbabweBy the end, he was so hard to hear he may has well have been in Zimbabwe. It didn't matter. We hated him enough to take up a collection and send him to Zimbabwe.

=====

We have an elderly friend who recently moved out of her apartment. About three weeks later, she got a letter from the apartment manager itemizing the condition of her old apartment.

How much can you get for used screws on the black market, I wonder?One of the items on this list of doom was that her front door was missing several screws from its hinges. They thought she did this... amazing! Can you imagine a little old lady in her mid-70's attacking her front door with a screwdriver? The whole time she'd be muttering to herself, "Raise *my* rent, will they? The A/C rattles at night... teenage punks park in my handicapped spot... they can just go and find themselves some NEW SCREWS! That'll teach 'em."

I sure wish I had thought of this before we moved out of our apartment. I could have fleshed out my hardware collection a bit. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger jpow said...

I knew a guy in art school who was this big skinhead looking dude wgo made these really strong, bold paintings with a lot of death and destrustion and skulls and things in them.
He signed them all "Flower," as that was his unfortunate last name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home