Thursday, August 28, 2008

Engrish

This is a short week for me, so I'm taking the easy way out here. I will be away from work and the blog Friday and Monday (Labor Day). I may still post something those days, but it won't be a full story.

I'd prefer to have something original here, but hey, sometimes life intrudes. :) These pics were sent to me as part of an email titled, "Who says China isn't ready for English-speaking tourists???"


Right across the street from Moon Cheeks.


What would a "normal" horse bean taste like?


Fido No!!!


But taste like cat.


Whoa! Too many specifics!... Information overload!


Go over there to die, please. Thank you.


I think "Braised Dork" would be an excellent name for a rock n' roll band.


That was my nickname in... well, OK. It still is.


Get this lettuce some Aspirin!


I don't trust you... you're not a Starbutts in disguise, are you?

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should be offended... but I can't help but laugh.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

They do their best! When Mom taught in China they took some of the translations in ads as fact, much like we do here! Even the translators there are still learning English!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home