Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ironic

Overdue, all of themAbout a year ago, my wife and I discovered the Tulsa library system. We love it!... reading books without having to buy them first. It's a wonder nobody thought up this sort of thing years ago.

We've been reading a lot more frequently as a result. For example, I just finished the 7th Harry Potter book (and I must say, Gandolf's death did *nothing* to further the plot). My wife's been reading at least one book a week, and she loves mysteries.

Wakey wakey!Here's the funny thing... over the past year, every single book my wife has read has mentioned coffee in some form or fasion. Every one. Absolutely NONE of mine have. I love coffee. My wife hates it.

$$$$The irony of this desperately amuses me. On the flip side, many of my books mention rich athletic men. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger V said...

I knew there was a reason I liked your wife. :) Has she been tempted to try coffee having read about it over and over? I never have, but I'm always curious to know if someone could be lured in that way.

Of course, if that were the case, then you'd want to make sure that her books did not include references to rich athletic men.

Secret Code Word today - yspyy

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Has she been tempted to try coffee having read about it over and over"

So um Jeff... are you being tempted to try rich athletic men?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

"So um Jeff... are you being tempted to try rich athletic men?"

A little. What's your salary, big guy? [rawr]

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gandolf? ha ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home