Monday, September 22, 2008

Sunday Morning

This is my goal.Sunday morning I decided to kick things off by making pancakes. I usually "halve" the recipe, but this time I decided to make extra so I could have leftovers for breakfast today.

I cranked out a pancake, and lo it was good. It was golden brown, floppy, and wrote "consume me" in the air with its warm little vapor trail. Pancake number 2 didn't do as well. There was still a vapor trail, but this one threatened to set off our smoke alarm. I placed the blackened mess off to the side.

Pancake three was entirely too big. It was also burned to a glossy black finish. It kinda looked like a scorched ceramic friction tile from the space shuttle.

Jeff's cooking! Put the fire department on speed dial!I eventually got my groove back, but had to throw away half the short-stacks. So much for breakfast leftovers. I also made us late to church.

This morning for breakfast I had to gnaw on an old gray shoestring. I washed it down with a large cold glass of shame.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger V said...

You know, they have these incredibly spiffy things on the stove call "Control knobs". If your pan gets too hot and burns things, then you turn these down so that it isn't so hot.

Personally, I use a little electric griddle that we have marked with a "pancake" setting. Takes all the guesswork and soot out of the equation. :)

Secret code word is amusing - fappler Do you think that's a noise or possible a person who burns pancakes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home