Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tales Of The Fajita Bridge

Honk-honk beep-beep n' stuffSo,... Monday there was a Motivational Seminar in Tulsa.

This came as a great surprise to most of us Downtown working drones. It was the first big mid-day event in the new BOK Center. Parking was an issue.

Thankfully, my parking lot was just far enough north that I didn't have a problem driving. Once I got on foot, I was all but knocking on the hoods of cars as I threaded my way through the used car lot / city streets. "You see me, right?... quit inching forward, m'kay?"

I hope those people were motivated to use their turn signals. Holy buckets.

I don't think he knows about second breakfast...Part of my parking-lot-to-office walk goes across a bridge on Main Street over some railroad tracks. End to end, I swear the thing smelled like steak fajitas. I have no idea why. It's longer than a city block, and by the time I got over the thing I was starving. Time for second breakfast!

For lunch, a large crowd of us went out to struggle for food against the obscenely large and highly-motivated BOK crowd. We settled on a place, and went through the line to place our orders. East Coast (a recent new-hire) was behind me in line. The lady asked him if he wanted a drink, and he asked for coffee. "What?", she asked. "Coffee?", he said, a little timid. "Oh," said the sammich lady. "I thought you said beer."

HyperGlow Caffeinated Beer - yes, it's a real productCaffeinated Beer, anybody? Yes, I see your hand in the back, P-Ziddy... anyone else? ;)

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... Two great tastes that taste great together.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger V said...

I really have no comment, but the secret code word was too good to not use. suitezul Hotel room or worshipful statement. Either way, I like it. :)

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Zul lives in the penthouse suite? Somehow I doubt the bathtub is full of champagne...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home