Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Lights

Love me!Sunday morning I was talking to Scruffy and mentioned a family member who is known to occasionally annoy (we all have them). My wife, ever the diplomat, said "She loves you and you know it." "Well, of course," I replied. "She embraces the obvious wisdom of the fact that I am lovable."

Scruffy laughed. I acted hurt.

Caution: Nerd at workLater, I mentioned that I was going to hang up our Christmas lights that afternoon. I invited Scruffy to come hang out and point and laugh when I fell off the ladder. Instead, he offered to be all responsible and stuff... "I'll call 911 for you." "Scruffy," I asked, "You won't laugh at a classic pratfall but you laugh at the notion that I'm lovable. You wound me, Sir."

As it turns out, I didn't have to climb the ladder to hurt myself. Instead, I used the ladder to whack myself on the left knee. Twice. Hard. It used to be such a good knee.

Blinded by the lightSadly, I don't have any pictures for you of our house all lit up. My wife assures me that we won't actually run the lights until Thanksgiving. What she doesn't suspect is that I'm going to feed her a turkey sandwich tonight and then flip the switch.

Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger V said...

You must turn on the lights! It's very important to do a "test run" to make sure it all looks good before the big day!! I mean, what happens if on Thanksgiving you flip the switch and....blow a fuse? Or take out the power to the entire neighborhood?

Your blog says "paindi", which should either be hyphenated (pain-di) or is perhaps calling you a name and it's got a bit of an accent. I'd go with the first personally.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Man it isn't even Thanksgiving and you have your Christmas lights up......... I didn't even put up Halloween decorations here at work, and only the last week before Halloween at home!!!

You really are a puppet of the retail Christmas genie....

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Aw, Sparky, you're just jealous... that *you* didn't get to see me whack myself in the knee with a ladder. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home