Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bizarre Middle Names

This is just too good to let go by without comment. A couple in Broomfield, Colorado gave their new child a middle name of "Barack Obama".

Yeah, I thought "middle name" was singular, too. But apparently, not to this couple. The middle child's middle name is "John Elway". The oldest child has the only one-word middle name, "Trout". No, I'm not making any of this up. Literally, the kids are:

From the article:

"Roger Sealy has a deal with his wife: She gets to pick their children's first names, and in return, he chooses their middle names -- with impunity."
Brooke Trout Sealy
Cooper John Elway Sealy
Carter Barack Obama Sealy

5 cents for a shrink? This is a bad HMO.I wonder if they've already starting putting money aside for their kids to go to therapy? "Dad gave me two middle names... I'm not black... I've never even *been* a member of a union!"

Another thing that stands out to me is that the Mom let the Dad pick the middle names. She picked first name, he picked middle. She had to know, especially after the first two, that he'd do something wacky. "Honey, here's our new deal... I'll pick the child's first *and* middle names, and you get to pick his first favorite color. As long as you pick blue."

But enough of this silliness... I've got better silliness in mind. What's the best outrageous middle name you can think of? Here's a few to get you started:

Jeremy Eleanor Roosevelt Colvin
Montgomery Harry Potter Mitchell
Alice Mocha Latte Williams
Jimmy Pulitzer Prize Dmitriev
Penelope Captain America Ives
Jerome Vanilla Ice Woods
Marcus Blunt Object Thompson
Barbara Dr. Teeth And The Electric Mayhem Holman
Theodore El Dorado Moorehead
Boris Lava Taco Henderson
Stacy Nasal Decongestant Kissinger
Joseph Raging Thyroid Steele
Michelle I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Walker
Jean-Paul Yatta Aiken

2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

I don't know if I should admit this, but I followed your link to the article and got 7 paragraphs in before I "got" how Brooke's name went together. sigh.

How about:
Tony Curse Of The Bambino Soprano
Johnny Cubs Win Walker
George Georgie Georgeopolis
William Billy Williamson

and for the kids:
Madeline Margaret Genevieve Miranda Catherine Fitzpatrick

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger PedroG said...

What's really going to suck for Carter is when they use initial caps for middle name(s). Carter BO Sealy... the kids in grade school will have a field day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home