Tuesday, November 18, 2008

OoRah

You wouldn't understandThe artist formerly known as "Hoo-Rah" cornered me the other day. He sent me a link to a page explaining that "OoRah!" is the traditional Marine battle cry, not "Hoo-Rah".

He was very nice about it, but I still considered changing his nickname to "Hoo-Hah" in retaliation. Then I remembered that he's a former marine and I'm a limp nerd. I considered blogging about the experience, but then I saw in the link he sent that OoRah basically translates to, "Let's kill." I decided to hide under my desk and soil myself instead. Then, somehow, this blog just kinda wrote itself (at least, that's my excuse if he asks).

All that aside, I love the idea of having a professional battle cry. The Army has "Hooah!". The Marines have "OoRah!". Why not the rest of us? Let's make some new traditions, shall we?

Weatherman:Oo!Cloud!
Car Salesman:Zoom!Zoom!
Math Teacher:Plus!Plus!
Italian Chef:Ahma!CoooKa!
Jazz Musician:Blues!Dude!
James T. Kirk:KHAAN!
Roofing Contractor:Next!Week!
Web Programmer:Copy!Paste!


What other short, vowel-heavy battle cries can you come up with?

4 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Unix Admin: Grep!Awk!
Geologist: Rock!
T. Boone Pickens: Gas!Wind!
C# Programmer: F$%^!Micrsoft!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

LOL

I approve. Very nice.

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"T. Boone Pickens: Gas!Wind!"

... or possibly MetaCow after lunch at Ron's...

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I should actually contribute something useful. Though why I should start now...

Construction Worker: OwIe!
Video Gamer: Pew!Pew!
OSU Sports Fan: Oh!No!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home