Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Biscuits For Dessert

Frustrated... I've had better days, I admitMy wife and I had an experience in varying velocities at a local restaurant recently. Lemmie 'splain...

When we came in, there was a nearby table where a couple was already showing signs of BSF (Bad Service Frustration). Our waitress was very prompt and nice, however.

My wife heard the unhappy couple ask their waitress for more biscuits. Their hearts were broken by the reply, "Oh, we're out of biscuits right now."

Forbidden pleasuresA few minutes later, our waitress came by. I asked for more biscuits and she happily replied, "Right away!"

Halfway through our meal, a third couple came in. They were seated at a table behind us. Our biscuits arrived. The "Les Misérables" couple got their first drink refill of the night. They continued to look unhappy.

19 seconds later, we heard chairs scrape behind us. The speedy third couple were already headed out. I can only assume they disintegrated their meal and inhaled the vapors to save time.

We finished our normal meal and got up to leave. As we walked by, the Displeased Duo got one last visit from their waitress. "Here are your biscuits!" "But we're already done eating!"

*giggle*My wife and I *almost* managed to conceal our laughter as we ran out the door.

Misery can be fun when it happens to other people. :)

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

You guys left it all to the "invisible hand" theory I see. Since that waitress is providing a service not comparable to others in the same market, she will get less income, (tips), and consumers will try to use the other waitresses. Eventually she will have to improve or be left out of the market. Economics at it's heart!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

She'll just apply for a bailout, and then all the waitresses who are worth a flip will have to cover for her lack of income.

Dang, I was trying for "snarky" but now I'm just sad...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home