Monday, February 23, 2009

"Breaking" News - Flatulence Wars

At least warn me firstThis popped up in the news last week, and I just can't let it "pass".

'Pull My Finger' subject of court fight

There are applications for the iPhone that cause it to make Flatulent noises. Literally, if you desire it, your phone can fart at you. I think Thomas Edison would be pleased to see what technology can do for us today.

Of course, with something as silly and pointless as this, there had to be a lawsuit. In the case of "He Who Smelt It Dealt It" vs "The Smeller's The Feller", one company is claiming to have trademarked the phrase, "Pull my finger."

Actual product... can't find a working link to buy it, thoughAmazing. Actual judges in actual US courts are debating the sovereignty of the phrase "Pull my finger." If this trademark holds up, my uncle could be charged a licensing fee every time he plays a practical joke.

How can you determine which company "ripped off" the other, I wonder? They both tried to "toot" their own horns, but wound up causing a big "stink".

I'd go on, but I think you get the idea. Besides, no matter how many gas-jokes I come up with, none of them top this direct quote from the company being sued:

Oh, *NO*, you DIDN'T!!!InfoMedia, Inc. CEO Joel Comm. Comm continues, "While it is unfortunate that the Pull My Finger application could not compete on its own merits, I find their threats to be little more than vapor."

Classic.

3 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some jokes are just too easy. I'll instead leave you with the shock of restraint.

Today's code word: nomph
(you got me)

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger V said...

Wow. Impressive.

Blog says you lose points for restraint. :) deducter

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

What, 'Zid, are your restraints electrified or something? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home