Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Batmobile Dream

Sweet Ride(s)I dreamt I was driving the Batmobile. Not the most recent version of it, though. Not even the Michael Keeton version. We're talking Adam West here. For the record, I was NOT wearing tights.

I was driving on city streets that were a sort of combo of Tulsa and Stillwater roads. Some of them even had Tulsa street names. They were lined with students getting ready for a big college game, but I'm not sure which sport.

I swerved past a wreck... the injured people waved at me and smiled. I drove through a red light at an intersection... the folks that should have plowed into me stopped on a dime instead. They smiled and waved, too.

I drove up to the stadium. There were a lot of stairs leading up to the entrance, and there was a huge crowd of students. They reacted like the mascot had just shown up... huge cheers, chants, lots of jumping around and general mayhem.

Even with the visual aid, it makes no senseThen things got wacky. Somehow, a hook was attached to my batmobile and it was lifted about 5 feet off the ground. I got behind the rear driver's side tire. Big Dawg appeared in the dream at this point, behind the driver's side front tire. We started to push the hovering batmobile up the stone steps.

I guess the batmobile was going to be attending the game. As we grunted and pushed the floating vehicle up the stairs, the crowd cheered wildly. Suddenly, I knew what we needed... a chant. A simple, short chant for the crowd to be roaring as we pushed my batmobile into the stadium. In a rush, words appeared in my head. "Heck yeah! *This* is the hard part! Winning the game will be easy!"

It just sorta rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Dream-Jeff took a deep breath and shouted, "HECK! *cough* yea... *cough* *cough* *cough*"

Oddly enough, the crowd didn't join in. However, back in the real world, my wife rolled over, hit me and said, "What the heck are you shouting about over there?!?"

Holy race-cars, Batman! This is even more embarrassing than being seen in tights.After a groggy moment or two I said, "Uh... race cars."

Zoom-zoom.

5 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, the middle batmobile is the Val Kilmer one, not the Keaton-mobile.

This geek-out has been brought to you by the letter 'N'. As in P-Zid has 'No Life'.

Secret code for today: 'sessesse'
I think the blog is turning into a Sleestack.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Is that one of them things made out of chocolate and chow-mein noodles?

HA! Secret code is 'materish'. This blog fears the Ghost Light.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Somehow, I completely forgot about the Val Kilmer Batman flicks.

Thanks for nuthin', 'Zid. :)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger V said...

My only question...were you wearing your danger pants? :)

The blog suggests it was a mighty trip...or something. quest

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Somehow? I think that is a good thing, those Batman flicks were like the sequels to Highlander.....

Anyway, first read through, I thought only Big Dawg was pushing the Batmobile up the stairs.... I was like so you think he is your support structure?!?! Hmm, grandiose thoughts!

And my secret code word is Octic, Doc Oc anyone? Just my luck, I am always on a different comic in the hero life from the rest of you guys...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home