Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Combo Move

At work a few days ago, a group of us were talking about some of the silly problems we'd been working on during the week and what we'd done to resolve them. Big Dawg mentioned three specific problems that he dealt with, which I jokingly referred to as a "tridefecta" (a word I shamelessly borrowed from Scott Adams).

People laughed. I was on a roll. I pushed further. "It's like in those 'fight' video games, where you can punch/jump/kick for a combo move." Then, I demonstrated by slow-mo punching at Oorah. The visual effect was quite good... after all, Oorah is a former marine, and I'm ... not.

As I retracted my fist of fury, I hit my elbow on Big Dawg's cubical wall. I hit it in that special "crazy bone" spot, which briefly made my arm go numb and caused me to squeak like a doggie chew toy. I tripped over my own feet and went down. I tried to push back up again and impaled myself on one of Big Dawg's fallen thumbtacks.

Damaging.I was on a roll.

Oorah looked down at me with amusement. "Elbow, Fall, Tack... looks like a Triple Damage combo to me."

Yeah, it felt like one, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home