Monday, January 26, 2009

Best Band Name Ever

From time to time, the joke "That would make a *great* rock n' roll band name!" gets re-used here. Recent examples include "Certificate Of Destruction" from this post (see the comments), and of course the Rock Band post, which was full of this kind of silliness.

As much as I hate to re-use jokes I gotta admit, this one has staying power.

Or maybe, it HAD staying power. I may have just found the best rock n' roll band name ever.

City Of Golden ShadowI've finished reading "The City Of Golden Shadow" by Tad Williams. Fantastic book, although it does end on a cliffhanger (nearly 800 pages, and you couldn't get to a "The End" moment?!? C'mon, man!). During the book, there's a brief mention of a rock band called:

"My Family and Other Horrible, Horrible Animals"

As band names go, that one rendered me speechless for many moments.

I don't think I can top that one, so instead I'll try to add to it. What's the imaginary name of your favorite "My Family and Other Horrible, Horrible Animals" song?

Here's mine: "Broken Furniture, Broken Dreams"

6 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yes, I Was Born in a Barn"

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

"Aunt Grandma's Gin Casserole"

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lions and Tigers and Uncle Bob, Oh My!"

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

"The Yellow Snow of Texas"

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

All are ROFL worthy, but I gotta give a special shout out to "Aunt Grandma's Gin Casserole". Holy Buckets. That's inspired lunacy, that is.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Sadly, that partially comes from a rather odd development in my own family a few years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home