Friday, January 09, 2009

Random News Items

I decided to cut "Time-Waster Week" short when I saw these news stories.

First up, we have a seller enticing potential home buyers with a new Lexus. His million-dollar-home isn't selling, so he tossed in a car to sweeten the deal.

But I wanna keep my feathers!That reminds me of the time I bought a new refrigerator and got a free duck call as part of the deal. Admittedly, it doesn't help much in the kitchen, but our feather pillows are never low anymore.

Then there's the dog owner who had to fight off a hungry hawk. The poor bird was malnourished, so he went for an easy target. Somehow the owner managed to save the puppy *and* the hawk.

Don't eat me! I havn't been properly refrigerated!Now I'm no hawk, but I have to wonder... how hungry do you need to be for a gamey little wiener dog to look good? If I were ever in that situation I'd probably resort to the vegetarian menu.

Finally, I heard an ad for this company on the radio yesterday: American Document Shredding. The company itself isn't what grabbed my attention... it's the fact that they are proud members of the "National Association for Information Destruction (NAID)".

*AND* party every day!There's a national association for information destruction? Holy buckets. I know I missed *my* calling in life. Wow. The company destroys your incriminating records and then gives you a "Certificate of Destruction". I don't know exactly what all that means, but I know that "Certificate of Destruction" would make an awesome rock band name.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger V said...

Certificate of destruction? Oh man, I need one of those! Not for document destruction, just general destruction. Framed up nice like a diploma so I can hang it on my cube wall. That way people could be all intrigued at my credentials only to walk away wonder what awesomeness I had destroyed and how it will affect their work load. Yes. I NEED one.

Your blog agrees. (firm nod) Blogword is - craiter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home