Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Forgot My Cell Phone

I will escape... you can't contain me!I left my cell phone at work yesterday. I *never* forget my cell phone, but now all of a sudden I've done it twice in the past 6 weeks or so.

This level of emotional trauma can only be overcome with the love and support of my dear friends. I wonder what some of them would say...

P-Ziddy
He'd tell me I can't leave it "behind" if I stick it in a warm dark place first.

V
She'd tell me to staple it to myself so I *can't* forget.

I won't tell my wife *my* cell numberLightyear
...would commiserate with me, and find a way to blame it on a wife (probably his own).

Fyrebaugh
He'd suggest that I spend 6 times the value of the phone to get a custom-made leather carrying case with belt clip.

Powerama
He'd tell me to use my powers of magnatism to retrieve my phone from a distance (he really does think that I have superpowers).

iCanSpell
...would find some clever linguistic way to make a dirty joke, which she would then blame on P-Ziddy.

Oorah
...would find a subtle way to mock me. "I have a small daughter who never forgets her toys. Maybe she can give you some pointers."

Scruffy
He'd say, "Let me message my World Of Warcraft guild and see if any of them have any suggestions."

The more your face turns purple, the funnier it is!LadyPatsFan
She'd hide the dang thing so that she could giggle at me while I tried to find it.

Big Dawg
...would mock me mercilessly... *after* a quick check to make sure he hadn't forgotten his.


I probably won't post again before Christmas, so... Merry Christmas!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction: Scruffy would say "You know what that's a sign of don't you?"

-- Scruffy

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

True. But if I was *too* accurate on yours, then I wouldn't be able to tell if you were paying attention. :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Well the case was only "6" times the value of your phone......... LOL!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

You completely nailed me - that was unexpectedly perfect. My sinuses would like to thank you for their unscheduled diet cola rinse.

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My secret code word today is sedition. I'll leave it at that.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger V said...

Once stapled, never forgotten. :) Although, you may need a tetanus shot if you staple inappropriately.

blog word, when used with Zid's could mean your blog is rebelling. sedition, somizat

Could be a good band name, though.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

I shared this with DH last night, and his response was:
"How does he know you so well already? Have you hidden his stuff on him before?"


Blog word is "ingful". I'm going to keep it PG and holiday related and call it "blessingful." Even if FireFox doesn't think that's a word.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

-ing right!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home