Friday, December 19, 2008

Stories With No Point To Them

Two quick stories with no point to them at all. :)

Lightyear's TV

I was told to obeyLightyear stopped by yesterday to chat. He told a most amusing story. He and his wife were sitting together when she turned to him and said, "We are getting a new TV."

Lightyear is a practical man. "There's nothing wrong with our TV," he pointed out. His wife was firm. "We are getting a new TV."

Lightyear became thoughtful. "I remember," he began, "30 years ago, there was this cute little brunette who looked at me and said, 'we will never make a major purchase without discussing it together first.'"

The ploy didn't work. "This *IS* our discussion," his wife commanded. "We. Are. Getting. A. New. TV."

Now, I don't know what (if anything) is wrong with Lightyear's current TV. But if there's a moral to this story at all, it's that you shouldn't cross Lightyear's wife.

Big Dawg's Nose

Big Dawg also stopped by yesterday. He likes to stand on the other side of my cubical wall and look over the top of it at me. He's just tall enough that his nose can rest on top of the cube wall, which makes him look like a cross between "Home Improvements" Mr. Wilson and a large-nosed airplane.

I see youMy pilot is drunkI couldn't resist. "What's the top of my cube wall smell like?"

Big Dawg inhaled deeply. After some thought he replied, "Smells like I've been here before."

At this point, the comedic possibilities actually caused a mental stack overflow error. My brain just simply stopped. Big Dawg grinned and smugly walked away... this was exactly the kind of result he was trying to achieve.

Bravo, Big Dawg. If there's a moral to this story, it's that you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your nose with your friend's cubical wall. Either that, or that Big Dawg's nose has its own distinctive scent.

...ew...

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kilroy wuz here

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Ah! YES!!!

That was *exactly* the mental image I was trying to conjure, but I couldn't remember the "Kilroy" bit. If I had, I would have used a pic of that instead of Mr. Wilson.

Blog Humor... FAIL!

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I like you, I will show pity on your pathetic soul! MUAHAHAHA.. *cough cough*

http://tinyurl.com/ynuqoa

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger V said...

I had this great comment about Killroy, and P-zid and stuff and then I looked down and saw the blog code word. "henaked".

I think I need to go find some Clorox now. Or Tequila. Lots and lots of tequila.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. You do NOT want to see what's on the other side of that wall.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger V said...

The blog suggests that P-zid sodall

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

P-Ziddy's "other side of the wall" comment reminded me of this...

http://www.dilbert.com/fast/2005-03-22/

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger V said...

You'll never again be able to look up at Mad Dawg, sniffing the top of your wall without wondering if he's wearing pants.

Blog word once again injures me. fresharse

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an Irish soap.

"Irish Spring Fresh Arse. Clean as a leprechaun's bum!"

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Fresharse. A fragrance for men.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

OK, so either "Fresharse" is the band name and "Spanked By Cardboard" is their hit single, or its the other way around. I'm not sure which way is better.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a quick google search for Leprechaun, just to make sure I was spelling it right... and this is one of the first things google shows me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Kosei/images.jpg

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the King of no pants!

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you've got a fresharse.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, something about me is fresh, that's for sure...

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger V said...

No there's a mental picture. Not that I didn't already have that one from earlier, but I'd nearly managed to get rid of it...

Blogword - comitannis because I refreshed so I wouldn't have to use bootiical Obviously, it didn't help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home