Thursday, January 08, 2009

Literature Map

Have you seen this? Literature Map... this thing is pretty cool.

Pratchett and some of his buddies

You type in an author's name, and a spiffy flash whoop-tee-do comes up with names of other authors floating nearby.

I typed in one of my favorites, Terry Pratchett. Floating relatively nearby in the ether was "Tad Williams". The name amused me... some of my older relatives used "tad" as an adjective meaning "a little bit". So this guy is just a "tad" bit Williams. For some reason, this amuses me.

City Of Golden ShadowBased on this vague feeling of amusement and little else, I have checked out his book "City Of Golden Shadow" from the library. They say to never judge a book by its cover... well, now I've judged a book based on childish wordplay of the author's name. I hope it turns out OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home