Friday, January 02, 2009

Games Nerds Play

Didja hear about the extra second they stuck into 2008?

Time Added To 2008

I think that's pretty decent of them to do. Just think of all the extra stuff you can do in a second. You could use the extra time to be kind to a stranger. You could enjoy your Christmas decorations for an extra moment. You could put the bonus time to practical use and learn a new language.

And if you're just flat bored out of your mind and need a suggestion, my car could use washing.

At first I thought I would use the additional second to squeeze in a little extra Star Control II.

After all these years, the Orz *still* frighten me

Yeah, that's how much of a nerd *I* am. I got a new laptop, Windows Vista, extra RAM, all those goodies... and then I promptly installed MS-DOS in a virtual machine and went all nutty.

In the end, I chose to spend my one last freebie second with an icepack in an effort to curb the swelling. You see, 2008's parting gift to me was a knee injury.

May you have a blessed 2009! Run to your future! I'll be limping along behind you as best I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home