Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Potato

I spit too muchWhen I was a kid, I got a Tasmanian Devil t-shirt for Christmas one year. I liked it. I wore it. I established a pattern.

Every relative saw me wear the shirt, and instantly memorized the TRUTH... "Jeff likes Tasmanian Devil t-shirts". I got them for every major holiday for the next several years. At one point, I had more than 10. I had to put a stop to the madness.

In recent years, a new pattern (one I'm *not* putting a stop to) seems to have emerged: Mr. Potato Head. I asked for Optimash Prime for Christmas one year. Now I have him, Spidey-Spud, and Indiana Jones.

The Three Amigos!

I brought Indy in to join my office collection of starchy plastic vegetables. I showed him to Oorah, who immediately grabbed the new spud on his desk to show off.

I understand your language, I just refuse to speak it. In other words, I'm French."Look, I got one too!" he said. "It's R2D2!"

I pushed Indy's hat. The Indiana Jones theme song played, loud and proud. Oorah's face fell.

Later he confided to me, "I told my wife that I need another Potato Head, because mine doesn't play music."

Heh. I wasn't *trying* to be a joy-killer, but I have to admit it was kinda fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home