Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Few Quick Random Stories From Work

Enhanced Security

I've been tagged, but I was never released back into the wildA few weeks ago I was given a dot to stick on my ID badge. It contains a super secret coded micro-wazzit identifier thinger. Now I can wave it at the door, and it unlocks for me.

That's right. My workplace is boldly embracing technology from the early 90's. It's an exciting time for us!

I love you, man

One day as I left the office, I walked past Merrik and Oorah. Oorah, master of the obvious, said, "Ya leaving?"

Come to think of it, I've never loved you"Yup," I replied. "I just don't love you any more." I turned to Merrik. "Jury's still out on you."

It took a few seconds for the joke to sink in. Now Merrik has to decide if he's going to actively solicit my love.

Cappuccino FAIL

I don't do this very often. But once in a blue moon I'll give in and say "I need a cuppa something to get through the afternoon." One floor up from my office is a cappuccino machine, which only makes the temptation worse.

I'm gonna hafta start stockpiling these things for emergenciesI went up and plugged in my 30 cents. There should have been a "thud" as a cup slid into place. But the machine was out of cups.

I watched, helpless, as the infernal machine sprayed my blessed brown life-juice directly down a little drain. I actually considered sticking my head under the spout, but the little cup-shelf was too small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home