Monday, July 13, 2009

Home Projects

The Back Fence

Remember when I mentioned having to prop up my back fence?

Subtle...

My back neighbor told me he'd bought some fence sections on sale and would help me put them in later in the fall when it's not so hot. In the meantime, I put in some T-Posts to hold things up.

However, my neighbor didn't wait. 4 days later, we had a relatively cool day. He got a couple of young strong relatives of his to come over, and they did this:

Win!

Ironically, they did this while I was at work, literally just an hour or so after the "Propping Up..." story was posted. All they had to do to remove the old fence was push. The posts were so rotted they snapped with very little effort. The only things they had trouble removing were my T-Posts. Apparently I did a good job on those. :)

The Car

We visited my In-Laws over the weekend. When we got in the car to head home, my wife pointed toward the windshield and said "Wait! What's that under there?"

It's a secret

Just under the hood of the car below the windshield wipers, she could see something yellow. We couldn't make out what it was, so I opened the hood.

I have no idea what I was expecting, but this wasn't it

I figure I sat that ruler down on the hood about a week and a half ago. It must have slid down out of sight, where it's been hitching a ride ever since.

The real kicker, though, is that we had just gotten the car back from having some routine maintenance done on it. It's not hard to imagine *me* being oblivious to foreign objects bouncing around in my engine compartment. But somehow a mechanic changed my car's oil and battery without noticing.

The very best part was the look on my mother-in-law's face. I though she was going to faint. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

New fence and you weren't home to help! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home