Thursday, July 02, 2009

Little Stories

Attractive

OoRah was walking past LadyPatsFan's desk. Right as he walked by he heard:

"Alright... lookin' good..."

Turns out she was mumbling at some code on her screen and wasn't even aware of him walking by. Not that it tamed any of the "crazy stalker lady" jokes, of course.

Oooooh-RAH, baby. Work it.

If you dare go bare

A consummate professionalLadyPatsFan was playing around with some of the photos from my preventative hailstone adventure. Her 4-year-old daughter came by to see what Mommy was working on.

"Mommy, why doesn't that man have shoes on?"
"This is mommy's friend Jeff. His shoes were all wet, and he had to take them off so they would dry."
"He shouldn't take his shoes off!"
"Yes, but they were all wet."
"Oh. [pause] Jeff should come over here with us!"

This sudden change in subject caused LadyPatsFan to blink and pause briefly.

"Well, yeah, I guess he could come over and visit."

Her daughter nodded. "I hope he wears his shoes."

Welcome to the jungle baby

East Coast (a round-ish bald co-worker) and I were talking about the various difficult projects we're working on. He chuckled and said, "Yeah, this project's been pretty tough. When I started on it I had hair."

He's never had hair since I've known him. I played along with the joke.

"Yeah, I remember... you were a regular Axle Rose."

This is what the phrase 'mid-life crisis' was invented for

The joke got the desired response, but I seriously doubt there's much truth to it. :)

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Maybe not but there are many of us who remember you when you did have hair! Pony tail down to the middle of your back!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

Wow, I rate 2 of today's 3 stories. Musta been a good week.


Ironically, "musta" is today's blog word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home