Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Dusty Fan

You need to clean this up before it develops language skills

This is a simple gunk redistribution service

The ACME Allergy-Blower 3000

Clean enough to eat off of

There's a fan under here somewhere
At work a few days ago I reached over to turn on my small desk fan. I noticed that the top-most fan blade had a LOT of dust on it.

This realization was followed by a quick feeling of Deja-Vu. That blade was really dusty the last time I looked, too. Like the true Mensa candidate I am, I pondered... "Wow... the fan always seems to stop with that one dusty blade pointing up. I wonder why?"

Then I had a sinking feeling. I looked at the other fan blades. What I saw was distressing.

Sometimes the punchlines are just easier than others, you know?

I cleaned the fan blades. For the first time in years, I am able to cool myself at work without blowing allergens directly up my nose. Without the constant dusty haze, my computer monitors seem brighter. I haven't sneezed in *hours*!

I listed it as an accomplishment for the day.

My mastery over tiny tasks is impressive. My grasp of the obvious is improving.

Any day now I'm gonna switch from Velcro to shoes that tie!

I am giddy with joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home