Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Curious

This is quite possibly the funniest "Nephew" story ever. It stars my littlest nephew, who is three years old.

It seems Little Nephew was at Gramma's house and needed a band-aid. Grandpa (my dad) showed him several different boxes of cartoony band-aids, and asked him which one he wanted.

'The man in the yellow hat' is Dick Cheney... and he's armed."George Bush," he said without hesitation. He was pointing at the Curious George band-aids.

Grandpa was stunned. "George Bush?" "Yah," said Little Nephew. Grandpa pointed at Curious George and asked, "Who's that?"

"George Bush's monkey."

Amazingly, it gets better.

A week later, Little Nephew pushed his sister into a bird bath and scratched up her leg. Sensing that he was about to get into trouble, he became Mr. Helpful. He followed Grandpa into the bathroom to help with the First Aid.

"Here," he said, shoving some band-aid packages at his sister. "Do you want Spongebob or George Bush?"

Little Nephew may only be three, but he's a thinkerRemember, he's only three! He doesn't watch Bill O'Reilly, he's never called Rush Limbaugh, and he's not one of Sarah Palin's kids. Heck, he probably wouldn't notice if Bob the Builder was president.

A few days later my wife and I got to visit everybody. Dad showed me the Curad box that Little Nephew had been so faithfully mis-identifying. As Little Nephew ran through the room Dad stopped him and pointed at the box. "Who's this?"

"George Bush," said Little Nephew.

I have absolutely no punchline that can top that.

======================

Finally, I leave you with a couple of random thoughts.

1) Look at that Curad box again. It says, "Collect all 26 unique designs". Now, maybe I'm behind the times a bit on this one, but do people actually collect band-aids?

2) "George Bush's Monkey" would make an excellent rock band name.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

I wanted to post a comment, but there is nothing I can say to top your nephew.

Great story.

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Oooh! I wanna post too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home