Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Owie. Stingy.

Belive it or not, I can hit my knee on a desk like thisI have a common joke that I get to use far too often. When I bang my knee (or elbow, or anything else that I have two of), I'll shout "Ow!", dramatically grab the afflicted area and say, "That was my *favorite* knee!"

The thing is, I'm a silly klutz who does not learn from experience. My desk at work has a couple of "knee-banger" spots, but they are way far back under the desk. I have to work at it to get my legs far enough back there for them to be in danger and yet, somehow I manage to slap my knee about once a month.

Last month when I did it, I yelped and wiggled around in my chair like the moron I am. Once the initial experience passed, I looked around.

Did you hear something? I didn't hear anything.No one had looked up. Amazing... apparently this happens so often that I've trained my co-workers to think, "Oh, that's just Jeff abusing himself again. He'll be fine."

This month it happened again. No one looked up. My theory is starting to look pretty solid. "Jeff Injury" noises are now in the same category as "A/C Hum" and "Other people's phone ringing". My office friends are conditioned to ignore me.

I mentioned this to P-Ziddy, who laughed and said, "Some one's gonna film that one day, and win $10,000."

Any time you're ready, Jeff... we're waiting...This, apparently, is my destiny. To be mocked on prime-time TV by Tom Bergeron.

I could do worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home