Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Ode To The Gnat In My Coffee

When I want a protein shake, I'll ASK for a protein shakeTo the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, of a caffeinated drip.
The warm brown nectar of the gods, in a tiny nerd's firm grip."

"The day was dragging on so long, 'been nodding off since lunch.
Then a tiny splash and a tiny cry, and a gnat's suicidal plunge."

"The precious brew is tainted now, a source of hope no more.
I cannot keep my eyes open, the clock's not even past four!"

======================

Half-Empty... you ain't kidding!When that gnat suicided in my coffee, I was pretty distraught. I shouted at him to get out, but he was beyond verbal instruction.

Amazingly, he landed in my "Pessimist's Mug", and I was pretty close to the halfway point. The message on the side of the glass has never been more appropriate.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger V said...

Your mug has a bad attitude. And a stupid line. Pah. I prefer the "Like Hell" mug, which is bigger and full of tequila. It's important when days go to hell. (firm nod)

The blogword is "drizzl"" Perhaps the gnat drizzled in your coffee?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Mmmmm, caffeinated protein, or protienated caffeine.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home