Thursday, May 21, 2009

Me And My Shadow

Big Dawg usually eats about an hour earlier than I do. It's pretty rare for us to be in a restaurant or the breakroom eating at the same time. That said...

Recently I walked across the street to Subway for lunch. As I walked in, I saw Big Dawg at the front of the line. I was a little early for lunch, he was a little late. The game was afoot.

Owie. Stingie.The next day I walked up and down the sidewalk, peering in windows, trying to find Big Dawg. Four different fast-moving pedestrians thought I was begging and tossed some change at me. I nearly had my eye gouged out by an arrowhead penny.

Then I saw him! Front of the line at a nearby Greek place. I jumped into the back of the line and waited. As he walked by I taunted him... "You'll never shake me. I'll always be watching. Bwah!"

I am a tripping hazardThe next day Big Dawg went out to lunch so early that hadn't actually come into work yet, in an attempt to thwart me. I was ready for him. I chased him down the sidewalk until I tripped over a loose manhole cover and turned an ankle.

Finally, I had to submit to Big Dawg's superior urban stealth. Which is a fancy way of saying, I lost him. He went to lunch two days ago and I haven't seen him since.

Have you seen me?Maybe I should tell someone?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home