Monday, May 18, 2009

To Boldly Go

Zoom-zoom forever, babyWe saw the Star Trek movie! *bliss*

We don't usually do the concessions thing, because I don't want to have to take on a second job. But this time we had a free popcorn ticket. Into the line we go!

Two guys in front were arguing with the attendant about the price of hot dogs. "I can't believe they're so expensive!", one shouted. Apparently it was his first time in a movie theater. Ever.

They literally argued for minutes. "I told you we should have gone to Quik Trip," one said. Granted, I bet the hot dogs are cheaper there, but I doubt they are showing "Star Trek" on the little pumpcast screens.

Logically, a more expensive hot dog must be higher in qualityWe got into the theater early enough to have our choice of seats. We took a couple of middle-ish seats high up, naturally. There were still lots of empty seats at this point.

Another couple came in. Keep in mind there were hundreds of available seats. They sat down right next to me. They didn't even leave an empty seat between us as a spacer.

About a minute later they leaned in close to each other in huddled conversation. Then they got up and moved to different seats.

Noxious... funk!... too much... can't breathe...My wife and I giggled at this. "Maybe you smell funny," she suggested with a grin.

Another couple walked in. Again, hundreds of seats to choose from, but they chose the still-warm recently-vacated seats next to me.

About a minute later, they got up and moved. Maybe they thought the "still-warm" part was somehow my fault. My wife had tears in her eyes, she was laughing so hard.

A third couple walked in and started to head toward us. My wife pointed. "Look out!" she said. "It's going to happen again!"

Can you blame them?It did.

The only person who actually sat next to me was my poor wife. Probably due to some contractual obligation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home