Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Going Green

But I like my carbon footprint...I walked into the break room at work and saw this message posted on the cabinet over the sink. No more Styrofoam cups!

A co-worker who I'll call "Hair Stylist" was in the break room. "I heard," she told me, "That there won't be any hot chocolate or tea, also."

Oh wow. The tea loss would hurt, but not too bad. It's just Lipton, after all. But company-provided hot chocolate is important. What else can I mix with my coffee on those *really* tough days?

Then, another important question occurred to me. "They're still going to provide coffee, right?" The answer was not all I had hoped for. "I think so."

I left my pitchfork in my other pantsWe debated the merits of company coffee for a moment. "If they don't," I theorized, "I imagine there would be an angry mob rushing up the stairs with pitchforks and torches." Hair Stylist disagreed. "They couldn't. They would all be asleep at their desks!"

Point taken. I put on my brave face. "Somehow we'll survive." I wasn't sure I believed it.

She smiled and agreed. "We will overcome!"

I thrust a fist in the air. "Adversity makes us stronger!" I was lying like a maniac now, and I knew it.

I've done my partLater, I was discussing the cutbacks with East Coast. "I wonder if our environmental efforts will be enough to save a half a tree."

East Coast chuckled. "Maybe a bush." I tend to agree.

*sigh* I really like Styrofoam.

3 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Extra Luck To The People's Endeavor!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Timely Demise To All Enemies!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

At first I was like how will changing to paper cups from styrofoam save trees?? Then it was like oooh, so no more anything... Gotcha. Remember the times in the old web building with the snacks and pop? The first thing to go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home