Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Stream Of Consciousness

This one's pretty silly, so bear with me.

I was in rare form one recent morning as I headed to work. I knew that one of my first tasks of the day would be to contact Switch about a project we're working on. I was thinking about it while driving, and then I started to speak aloud.

It's dynamic! It's exciting! It's... EMAIL!"Switch. I will be working on [blah blah details]. I need to talk to you about [blah blah details]." And so on.

I liked the wording I came up with, so I repeated it. This was turning out well... usually I get to work and spend a good 6 and a half hours just trying to remember my own name and find my chair. This day I was going to walk in and have an important email written before I even sat down!

Assuming I could remember the email, that is. I repeated it out loud again. I started wishing I could call this in and dictate it to somebody.

Hire that wealthy guy, 'Jeff', so I can fire him"This must be what it feels like," I thought, "To have so many important thoughts running around in my head that I have to hire other people to organize them for me."

Of course, stereotypically, only fairly wealthy folks employ other folks just for the joy of never again having to touch a pen (or keyboard, in my case). Suddenly I experienced a burst of ego. I'm ready to be wealthy!

This was a happy revelation indeed. I grinned like the madman I am. Then, up on the horizon I noticed a cloud formation that looked like a perfect abdomen.

"Neat!", I thought. "That cloud is really ripped!".

It's subtle, but see if you can find the cloud formation I noticedIt occurred to me that I don't normally notice cloud formations on my drive to work. "I'm unusually perceptive today," I pondered. "Is it possible to be *too* alert during the drive to work?"

Then I remembered this and this. The sobering answer is no... it is not possible to be too attentive while highway driving.

I re-focused my attention on the road.

By the time I got to work, I had forgotten the email I was "writing".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home